XS conversion from 32 bit 5.8 to 64 bit 5.22(ish)
Dirk Koopman
2018-07-17 16:42:19 UTC
Well, I suppose was eventually going to happen. I have some (originally
32 bit) XS which (after some name clashes) I have got to compile but it
refuses to link properly and I strongly suspect I shall need to recast
my ppport.h. Are there any other gotchas that I should be wary of? The
data is binary (to all intents and purposes) and strings are not UTF8,
but also "binary". Windows compatibility is not required :-)

Dirk
Dave Lambley
2018-07-17 18:43:50 UTC
Hello,
Well, I suppose was eventually going to happen. I have some (originally 32
bit) XS which (after some name clashes) I have got to compile but it refuses
to link properly and I strongly suspect I shall need to recast my ppport.h.
Are there any other gotchas that I should be wary of? The data is binary (to
all intents and purposes) and strings are not UTF8, but also "binary".
Windows compatibility is not required :-)
I know of no particular gotchas, but a few months ago I saw a
Makefile.PL which mixed up the system perl and the target perl,
breaking a similar upgrade. It might be easier to track down bugs if
you first get things working under either a 32 bit perl 5.22, or a 64
bit 5.8.8.

Dave